3 Axis Milling
The particularity of the 3D milling is that the tool can be moved simultaneously according 3 axes of the workpiece. In order to set these operations in SprutCAM, you need to have a 3D model of the workpiece.
Effective machining programming using models from any CAD system.
- High quality of the machining
- Minimizing tool expenses
- Cutting down on NC program creation times
- Cutting down on the machining time
- Collision control
SprutCam 3D high performance cutting
SprutCAM has a wide variety of various strategies for the standard and high performance cutting in order to machine the work pieces with curved forming surfaces.
The possibility to form the toolpath taking into account the scallop’s height permanency permits to obtain a surface of the desired cleanness and quality.
The function of the flat tool path forming permits to avoid hard modes of the machine functioning and will considerably prolong your equipment’s longevity.
SprutCAM functions based on solid models, surfaces, meshes and curves.
For every geometrical object or group of objects there can be set an additional allowance.
- Layer by layer roughing (with a permanent level for the Z axis)
- Line by line roughing (with a set angle relative to the X axis)
- Controlled roughing (along or across the direction curves)
- Layer by layer selection (of the round wells, according to the spiral of Archimedes)
- Area selection with limiting by the minimum radius of the tool path curvature and trochoidal cutting in.
- Layer by layer finishing (with a permanent level for the Z axis)
- Finishing on flat horizontal areas (series of horizontal moves on different levels)
- Line by line finishing (with a set angle relatively to the X axis)
- Controlled finishing (along or across the direction curves)
- Complex line and layer finishing (optimization of the machining of flat and steep areas)
- Line by line optimized finishing (optimization of the machining in the direction of the areas’ slope)
- Three-dimensional finishing (optimization according to a set scallop size)
- Combined finishing (layer by layer machining with equidistant machining of flat areas)
- Machining of 3D curve
- Engraving (with a possibility of 3D angle machining)